Communities In Schools (CIS) is the nation’s leading organization dedicated to empowering students to stay in school and achieve in life. Our unique model positions site coordinators inside schools to assess students’ needs and provide resources to help them succeed in the classroom and in life. We partner with local businesses, social service agencies, health care providers and volunteers. Whether it’s food, school supplies, health care, counseling, academic assistance or a positive role model, Communities In Schools is there to help. Please feel free to fill out a parent consent form if you would like for your child to be enrolled into our program and benefit from the many resources that Communities In Schools provide.
Wilkerson CIS Coordinator
What is the role of a CIS Site Coordinator?
The CIS site coordinator is responsible for executing the CIS School Support Plan and meeting the needs of the student population, aligning with the priorities of school leadership. The site coordinator works inside the school with principals, teachers, and other student support personnel to forge community partnerships that bring resources into the school to help remove barriers to learning.
- Supportive Guidance and Counseling – both individually and in small groups via zoom, goal setting and crisis response
- Health and Human Services – including referrals to physical health needs, emergency financial, food and clothing needs
- Parental and Family Engagement – including parent education, home visits and consultation
- Academic Enhancement and Support – including tutoring and extended learning time, homework assistance, and college planning
- College and Career Awareness – including preparation, career fairs, and transition
- Enrichment Activities – including diversity, sports, community service, mentoring and school engagement activities